The historic Château is an exquisite place with a very old langsyne. Until the arrival of the Turks, there were many owners, but no one can really say how old is the castle exactly. The invasion of the Turks left the settlement entirely destroyed, where after the town remained unpopulated until the early part of the 17th century.
The reconstruction of Château Béla started by János Terstyánsky, who was a local nobleman. The castle started to resemble it’s current shape and form looked after by architect Jakab Mayer. First, they built the chapel, which was finished in 1780. Château Béla was bought by Mr Pál Sherdahelyi, a local merchant. In the same year, the Château´s chapel was consecrated. To date, it still functions as the town’s local church, in which weddings can be held. The castle was built in a French baroque architectural style and was finished in 1874.
In 1834 Mr Antal Baldacci from Corsica bought the Château Béla and invested heavily in the estate by adding a fortification, water moat, drawbridge and the Château´s park landscapes. He employed famous painters, had furniture made from mahogany, cedar and ebony. He was also an admirer of the far east and had rare pieces of art delivered from China and Japan. In 1864 a crypt was added under the Château´s chapel for the Baldacci family.
In 1880 the whole estate was in the hands of banker from family Baldacci, who sold the Château with all the belongings to Mr Zigmund Brodi. The new owner became popular after building the first school in the village.
In 1910 Adolf von Ullmann, a nobleman from Budapest, bought the Château and in 1925 baron Mr George Ullmann, the son of Adolf Ullman, inherited the Château, who later in 1945 emigrated with his family to Switzerland.
In 1945 The Château was taken over by the government of socialist Czechoslovakia, and turned into a penalty facility for political prisoners. Later on, the Château was also used as a factory for chemical production. Even though the castle has seen a lot in the past 250 years, it was never as bad as in the time of communism, where all the original features got destroyed, the walls were painted with lime and the furniture was burnt.
In 1990 the Château became part of the National Trust, but in reality, there was nothing to protect.
In 2000 Countess Ilona von Krockow, the granddaughter of George Ullmann, bought the Château from the Slovakian State. With the support of her family, she lovingly restored the family estate in a very authentic and personal way, transforming it into a 5-star hotel, which opened in 2008.